Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rooms areas

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
271 Views, 13 Replies

Rooms areas

Ok so I realize that there are spaces and zones added to Revit now. But why does it now delete the existing rooms that have been updated to the new 2009. And how am I suposed to import the rooms, spaces, and zones form the architectural model? This also made my lighting analysis schedule that was in the first part of the 2008 tutorial. That was pretty important tool to use in the lighting design arena. With the update ADB (Autodesk Boneheads) made one of the tools that work not work? how is that an impovement? If anyone know how to compensate for this oversight or now more complicated proceedure, please share your knowledge. My supervisors are getting tired of flushing money into this program, it is getting more complicated instead of more user friendly.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jarom-

Everything that you did with Rooms in 2008 you now do with Spaces in 2009. Have you reviewed Kyle's blog entries on this topic?
http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/02/a-volume-for-en.html
There are a variety of reasons why this provides an improved workflow.

When openinng a 2008 file in 2009, copy/monitored rooms are migrated to Spaces. So, the room schedule totorial you created in 2008 will likely need to be created as a Space schedule in 2009.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

Thank you, you have been helpful.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Now I have a new question. I do see the need for Spaces vs the Rooms and it looks to be quite handy. My question is, how do I get the spaces for say, lighting and electrical to reflect the room name and number without having to change each one of the space individually? is there a way to have them correspond with each other?
Message 5 of 14
Martin__Schmid

Sure, take a look at the linked video:

https://projectpoint.buzzsaw.com/MartinSchmid/_PUBLIC/SpaceRoomTag/SpaceRoomTag.html?public

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

That worked great for the Tag, but the spaces still does not reflect any correspondence to the room. In other words. The Lighting Analysis Schedule that is in the tutorial still does not show that spaces as the rooms. And when you check the space element properties, even though the tag may say 'OFFICE #112', the element properties say 'Space, #2'. So the Lighting Analysis Schedule shows all the spaces, as spaces with no "parametric" coordination between the room and the space. How so I get the parametrics to work?
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

You know it just accured to me, that it would all work if you could include room name into the Space Lighting Analysis schedule. I understand the reason behind spaces. And spaces should work great for making differing lighting levels within a room. But the ability to show the corresponding room on the space schedule would be a HUGE time saver.
Message 8 of 14
KyleB_Autodesk

Just add that field to the Schedule then, and remove the Space Name and Space Number parameters from the Schedule. Simple enough, although it does deviate from the tutorials a bit.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

you can't, the schedule is set up using space parameters and Room names and Room numbers are not included in the space parameters
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Nevermind, found it. Thanks.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

New question, how do I modify the box around the room or space number?
Message 12 of 14
Martin__Schmid

In the tag itself? Select it and click 'edit family' on the options bar.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

The model line is invisible in the annotation file. I draw other lines and the become invisible. I can not make them visible. Could you tell me how to do that?
Message 14 of 14
Martin__Schmid

In Family Editor / View Properties, under Visibility / Graphics Overrides, Annotation Categories tab, make sure all the categories are visible.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report