Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room name Tags showing with a ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
meaton224
403 Views, 4 Replies

Room name Tags showing with a ?

We are working on a project with an architect that does not use Revit so we had to make a model of our own.  I put in the rooms and room tags on the architectural model.  I then went into the MEP model and tagged my rooms.  However, after I have done work, synched, saved, etc. and did more work, I noticed my room tags show up with a ? in both the room name and the room number.  Is this because they are in the architectural model?  Do I need to make rooms in the MEP model?

I had to pick new hosts and that fixed the tags for a bit but the tags have gone back to ?'s. 

Any suggestions and fixes for this??

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: meaton224

I'm not sure if it applies to your situation, but I've had that happen before with one of our Architectural links. If I selected the Link and went to Type Properties and togged "Room Bounding" off and then on again, the Tags automatically re-hosted. I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth a try!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
meaton224
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Unfortunately this did not work.  Thanks for your idea.

Message 4 of 5

This sounds like a phase mapping issue.

Verify on which phase the room is been created from the link file.
Then you need to do a phase mapping to make it works

Steps to edit the phase mapping;
Select the link file
Go to properties
Click on edit Type
then click on edit for the phase mapping parameter and select the right link phase for the active phase of the project

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 5

I had my phasing correct.  I ended up checking the warnings and fixed some things in the architectural model.  It seems to have fixed my issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report