Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room association

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
revitworkbench
801 Views, 1 Reply

Room association

Hi, I am having trouble associating my system equipment, ducts, or diffusers with my room's. To begin with, I created my rooms are 2-D plan view, then I went to a section view to increase the height of the rooms to include the ductwork in the and the vavs. However nothing is associating with that room, at all. Am I supposed to use spaces? I don't really understand what spaces are. Please help! Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Rooms are typically created by the Architectural team, whereas Spaces are used by the MEP team. When working with a linked architectural model, one must first select the linked model, go to Type Properties, and enable the option "Room Bounding". The placement of Spaces is supposed to correspond to the location of the Rooms. Once placed, the Space will associate with the Room and pull information from it.

As long as the elements are located within a Room, the Mechanical Equipment and Air Terminals categories should be reporting their Room information. Ducts, Pipes, and Fittings (and other similar MEP elements) will only become associated with Spaces.

For more information on the specific use of Spaces, see >>here<<.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report