Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMEP Circuit Naming

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dennis
2408 Views, 8 Replies

RMEP Circuit Naming

I am wanting to tweek the Load Name in the Panel Schedule Template.  When I click into the cell, and then select Combine Parameters, I get a long list of parameters to choose from. 

1) Where does this list come from, wha'zit mapped to? 

2) What I am trying to do is specifically for equipment circuiting, I would like a reference in the circuit name to the MARK value of the equipment (or some other parameter that designates the equipment).

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bcaudill
in reply to: dennis

The load name is specified in the connector.

Message 3 of 9
rene.sommer

The parameters in the list come from the electrical circuit properties.
If you add a project parameter and define it as an electrical circuit category, this parameter will be avalaible in the list of combine parameters. So you can add a custom parameter in the circuit properties and then show it in the schedule panel.

Rene Sommer
Message 4 of 9
dennis
in reply to: rene.sommer

Thanks Rene for the reply.  I understand what you have written, tried it in a project, but still seem to be missing one or two steps to get the equipment name into the load name on the panel schedule.  I added the parameter, EquipName, to the project as a shared parameter catagory Electrical Circuits.  Now, you are right, I see that parameter in the list for Combined Parameters in the Panel Schedule template.  If I use it, I get "Not Computed" as it's value.  I checked the properties of the circuit, found the parameter and filled it out manually.  "Yes" is filled out on the panel schedule as well.  So far so good.  Next step is where I am stuck.  How to map my EquipName parameter to a parameter on the equipment itself?  I tried "Edit Family" but I see no way to add the parameter directly to the circuit connector.  Let's say I have a vav box, whose mark value is:  VAV-1.  How do I map that MARK value to the circuit properties parameter that I made so that it is shown in the panel schedule?

Message 5 of 9
dennis

I just noticed in the Circuit Properties a parameter called "Equipment Connected".  When I introduce it to the Panel Schedule, it shows up as "Not Computed", however, when I look at the Properties of the circuit, "Equipment Connected" is not listed.  How do I get data into this parameter?  Can I map the MARK value of the actual equipment to the "Equipment Connected" parameter?

Message 6 of 9
rene.sommer

Unfortunately it is not possible to include parameters from the equipment family to the circuit properties.
I am afraid it will not be possible to add automatically the property from the equipment in the panel schedule. So you will have to add manually the value in the circuit properties.

The parameter "Equipment Connected" takes the VA value of the connected elements of the circuit.
You will find the parameter "Equipment Connected" only if the circuit load classification is an equipment type. The parameter will be called differently depending on the load classification. For example for "Lighting - Dwelling Unit", there will be a "Lighting - Dwelling Unit Connected" parameter.

If you want, you can enter a request on the product feedback page, so our development team can improve it for a future version. Here is the link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Rene Sommer
Message 7 of 9
dennis

Thanks again Rene.  Is there any documentation that I can review these parameter maps?  'Equipment Connected' is the VA, is that the Apparent Load?  Reason I ask is I added that parameter to my Panel Schedule where I have a VAV box circuited, and the value doesn't fill out with anything. 

Message 8 of 9
rene.sommer

Hi,
The parameter "Equipment Connected" will only show if the load classification in the panel family is defined as "equipment".

So check the load classification that is used in your panel (select the electrical equipment panel, edit family, click "family types" button in the ribbon). For example if you have "other" defined for the load classification, then the parameter used in the circuit will be "other connected". In this example you will have to add the "other connected" parameter in the schedule panel to get the value.
On the other hand, you can change the load classification of the panel family to "equipment" and then the "Equipment Connected" parameter will show the value in the schedule panel.

There is not really a mapping table, it is just using the name of the load classification and adds the string "connected" to define the name of the parameter. But it will work only for the standard names. If you have a custom load classification, it will not add the parameter "myCustomLoadClassification connected" to the circuit properties.

Rene Sommer
Message 9 of 9
ljpazzani

Hello, I too have come across a problem.  I want to have the panel schedule pick up the name of the receptacle-for instance-if I create a parameter for Panel Info, and type "washing machine" in there-I would like it to show up like that in the schedule.  Am I to understand, from reading this string, that this cannot be done?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report