Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RME 2012 - Filtering Piping systems using Type Comments

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
julianjameson8403
2678 Views, 2 Replies

RME 2012 - Filtering Piping systems using Type Comments

Hi all

Anyone know if this is possible and how to get it to work? I have set up Piping systems using this parameter to group the various systems onto documentation views - i.e MECH-GAS would be used to isolate gas pipework in a documentation view. I then combine this filter with another one that turns off any piping system that does not contain MECH in the Type Comments. I have tried different categories ranging from all piping categories to just Piping Systems.

Unfortunately this method doesn't seem to work. Anyone got any ideas where I am going wrong or if it is possible?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I see what what mean, and that doesn't seem to want to work. Since the Piping Systems isn't really a visible Element, turning it off seems to do no good. Would you be able to add a "key" to the System Name for the View Filter to find? (i.e. "(MG)" suffix for Mechanical Gas)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

Ha ha - I had a feeling you would be the first to comment.

I used to filter by system parameters within piping or duct systems, such as using the system name or classification, etc. but wanted to try avoid this and produce a template that had more control than normal and not rely on users naming systems in a way to get filters to work (especially as the filters are very sensitive). I was trying to set something up so new user get on a design/model and the template automatically controls the displays.

I thought (stupidly) that a simple yet effective way would be to use a Type Comment parameter as it doesn't get used for anything really. That way I could free up description and abbreviation as the basis for company tagging of system names/abbreviations.

Perhaps I'm thinking too hard about getting the template to work better for me. Anyway, if ADSK could get this to work then I'm sure it would be a very useful tool.

In the meantime, looks like I have to take a step backwards to the old way or as you say - add an un-necessary project parameter to get this to work

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report