Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon, Duct Shoe

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
%4seasons%
2461 Views, 5 Replies

Ribbon, Duct Shoe

1. The ribbon does not display the relevant panels/tabs for a certain comman (attached are some examples).

2. I am trying to create a duct riser (branch) from the main duct but the duct shoe is shown perpendicular to the air flow. (should always pallel to airflow). I tried to rotate but there is an error saying "tap should be connected to duct".

please see attached.

any favourable response will be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: %4seasons%

ben_hmac wrote:

"1. The ribbon does not display the relevant panels/tabs for a certain comman (attached are some examples)."

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you've recently installed Revit 2014, right? This is a notorious issue that has been the topic of more than a few threads 'round these parts (mostly in the Revit Architecture forum). Below is one such thread.

Revit 2014 Corrupts Revit 2012 and 2013 Ribbon Menu (?)

If you cannot find the solution to this problem, try searching for similar threads and post back here.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun

ben_hmac wrote:

"2. I am trying to create a duct riser (branch) from the main duct but the duct shoe is shown perpendicular to the air flow. (should always pallel to airflow). I tried to rotate but there is an error saying 'tap should be connected to duct'."

Can you attach the Family file?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
%4seasons%
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey,

Can I get your email address.
Message 5 of 6
%4seasons%
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I think the orientation of the duct shoe depends on the direction of the duct above (perpendicular to the direction of the duct) as attached.

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun

The initial orientation of the Duct Shoe does indeed seem based on the orientation of the Duct (as you said), the orientation of which is based on the View in which it was drawn. The image below depicts five ducts (350x500) connected into a main drawn in a View from the as listed below.

A: Drawn in Plan View. (Stating at the main and drawn upwards via Offset/apply.)

B: Drawn in Plan View.

C: Drawn in Front Elevation View.

😧 Drawn in East Elevation View.

E: Drawn in East Elevation View.

DuctShoe.JPG

I think the bottom line here is that you'll just have to select the Duct Shoe and use the rotation icons whenever necessary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report