Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Viewer Mode Failing to Print

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GaleSHL
2381 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Viewer Mode Failing to Print

I am currently unable to print while in Revit Viewer mode.  I was led to believe that you could print from Viewer Mode as long as you hadn't edited the model in your current session.  When I open the Revit project in Viewer Mode I detach from central, I then navigate straight to print, in theory I think this should work? Instead Revit just produces the Warning detailing Revit Viewers limitations and then produces another Warning saying FILE NOT PRINTED.  Any help solving this problem would really be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
drp281
in reply to: GaleSHL

i don't believe there is a workaround for this

Message 3 of 6
GaleSHL
in reply to: drp281

Thank you for looking into it.

I recieved a solution to the problem on another Forum. (Please see below)

Detaching from the Central file was a change in the file....thus you can't print. 

Opening the project directly (even though a central file) you are able to print.

Message 4 of 6
K_Kooner

Hi, 

I am also having a problem printing in Revit Viewer 2015. 

I have opened the project directly, i.e. opened the central file. Revit Viewer did let me print initially. After I had zoomed in and out on the same sheet it would no longer let me print anything from the project. 

I assume Revit is considering the act of zooming in and out and panning in a view as an edit, and thus will not let me print. 

We are aiming to use Revit Viewer as a way for the engineers to view the project, cut sections, print views etc without making any modelling changes either on purpose or by mistake. 

Is there a way we can achieve this with Revit Viewer? 

Regards

Karan

Message 5 of 6
GaleSHL
in reply to: K_Kooner

Hello Karan,

I haven't had much experience using Revit 2015, all of our current projects are in 13 and 14.  I just tried printing from within Revit 2015 (in viewer mode) I had no problems at all even after zooming in/out and panning it still allowed me to print.  I have Revit 2015 with update 5 installed, installing update 5 may help with your problem.

We too use the Revit Viewer as a way for our engineers to view the project, cut sections, print views etc without making any modelling changes either on purpose or by mistake. It seems to work well in our office, and if the engineers cannot use Revit we create a NWD file for them to review in Navisworks.

Regards

Sean

Message 6 of 6
K_Kooner

Thanks for the reply. 

Does the Revit Viewer let you print a new section created within revit viewer?

Thats the problem we are having. 

Also printing another view or sheet after a section has been made. 

Regards

Karan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report