Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Tutorials

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Milt-Fitz
323 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Tutorials

To the Group,

I see there are several forums for tutorials however, I'm not sure which would be the areas for creating RFA's.

As usual any help, or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Siemens Industries (Full-Time Office Position)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Milt-Fitz

Are you looking to create Electrical or Mechanical .rfa's? Searching this forum might yield some good suggestions. Or perhaps searching YouTube, where there are some decent tutorials.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Milt-Fitz
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Actually, I would like to start converting my "Dumb" 3D block into usable / working Revit parts.

Right now the parts I have created are no different from the AutoCAD Blocks because they have no information.

From what I've been reading, what I would like to do is create some real "Parametric Parts" that contain information, or an area (Dialog Box) where I can add information.

There just doesn't seem to be enough information out there to get started or, you find out in order to do, or create something, you need another piece of the puzzle. Again, bits and pieces to get you started but not enough to get you to an "End Product"  That's why I'm asking about Tutorials.

So.... If anyone knows of a Tutorial that can take you from start to finnish on one topic, and then move you to the next (sort of like a "Step by Step") that would be great !

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Siemens Industries (Full-Time Office Position)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/
Message 4 of 4

Step-by-step information on family creation is a definitely a challenge to find. CADastrophe is right, though. It's out there. And here, if you get stuck with anything.

I used a combination of things:

1. A Paul Aubin Revit book (yes, architectural, but I knew very little about Revit at that point, so it was a good place to start)

2. The Revit Families Guide. It was created for 2010 and hasn't been updated since. It does include a few tutorials, but the old interface discriptions make them a challenge to follow these days.

3. This discussion group and the Augi discussion groups.

4. Autodesk University class handouts.

5. I also have a book just on creating families, and another one on Revit MEP that has MEP-specific family creation info, but as I haven't needed to create any systems or complicated equipment yet, I haven't used these much. And frankly, asking here is usually faster and more to the point.

I'd suggest starting with something simple to get a feel for how the different kinds of parameters work.

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report