Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Student Version 2013 pipe fittings not working

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
LKnueven
415 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Student Version 2013 pipe fittings not working

I've downloaded Revit 2013 Student Version and in just trying to model a pipe with elbows or transitions, I can't get any of them to show up and I can't edit the family at all to try to figure out what's wrong.  I read in another article that you can't edit "older" families but I'm not sure how to update.  I also can't imagine 2013 is all that outdated, is it that I'm using a student version?  When I try to edit type properties of the pipe, there is no mechanical data under type parameters, which is where I understand you can select default fittings.

I'm stuck, please help.  Thanks!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: LKnueven

Hi

try below and see how you go:

- when clicking on new project select mechanical template

- You might have families not loaded to your project..after doing above if issue still exist go insert>load family> then go to your Revit library on your computer and upload the ones you want

- The other issue could be visibility ...when you inserted some mechanical fittings and you can't see them click on the button down the bottom of the page that looks like a light bulb..it is called reveal hidden elements...see whether you can see your items now?

Message 3 of 3
lmknueve
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

That was it!  The file I had opened wasn't in a mechanical template.  Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report