Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Slowdown

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CADFLL
382 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Slowdown

Recently we finished a very large project. As the model grew in size the drafting of the HVAC slowed down termendously. It was so slow that connecting flex to  a grille took 4 seconds and deleteing something to 4-5 seconds. It added up over time.

I realize the file got big and I was told to reboot Revit do to its cache system. I did that everyday at lunch and it help a little.

My question: Are there any tips or tricks to make the drafting operate faster as the file grow? Any settings or hidden buttons I can click?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CADFLL

Check Manage tab » Warnings. A staggering amount of warning can bog the project down. There have been posts addressing this issue in recent history, and I would suggest searching this forum for those threads.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Sandleaz
in reply to: CADFLL

That problem could have been avoided completely if your mechanical revit users started with multiple smaller, more manageable REVIT files instead of 1 file.  It's easy linking the files together.  It's hard working in a giant slow file.  The convenience of having one file will wear off as it gets larger and larger and REVIT runs slower and slower.  The trade off is simple: (A) short term convenience + major problems later on vs. (B) some adjusting and more setting up early on + no problems later on.  I choose (B) every time.  

Suggestion: turn off all the pipe and duct flow and pressure calculations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report