Revit MEP

Contributor
CADFLL
Message 1 of 3 (192 Views)

Revit Slowdown

192 Views, 2 Replies
08-02-2012 05:10 AM

Recently we finished a very large project. As the model grew in size the drafting of the HVAC slowed down termendously. It was so slow that connecting flex to  a grille took 4 seconds and deleteing something to 4-5 seconds. It added up over time.

I realize the file got big and I was told to reboot Revit do to its cache system. I did that everyday at lunch and it help a little.

My question: Are there any tips or tricks to make the drafting operate faster as the file grow? Any settings or hidden buttons I can click?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)

Re: Revit Slowdown

08-02-2012 07:08 AM in reply to: CADFLL

Check Manage tab » Warnings. A staggering amount of warning can bog the project down. There have been posts addressing this issue in recent history, and I would suggest searching this forum for those threads.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
Sandleaz
Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)

Re: Revit Slowdown

08-03-2012 02:12 AM in reply to: CADFLL

That problem could have been avoided completely if your mechanical revit users started with multiple smaller, more manageable REVIT files instead of 1 file.  It's easy linking the files together.  It's hard working in a giant slow file.  The convenience of having one file will wear off as it gets larger and larger and REVIT runs slower and slower.  The trade off is simple: (A) short term convenience + major problems later on vs. (B) some adjusting and more setting up early on + no problems later on.  I choose (B) every time.  

Suggestion: turn off all the pipe and duct flow and pressure calculations.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.