Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server Extension

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1069 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Server Extension

Hey guys, anybody got this working? I have successfully installed the Revit Central Server and followed the step “Enable Revit Server Access with Revit Application”, but I never seen any indication in my Revit application that it is server aware.

I’ve submitted a support ticket, but I was wondering if anybody else has this working.

TexasJetter

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

see attached

i just installed the client part of it i don't have server 2008 so i can't use it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

its also supposed to be here:

1. Click Open.
  2. In the Open dialog, click the Look in drop-down and select Revit Server.
  3. Double-click the Revit Server Models folder.
  4. Select the available model, and click Open.

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I wasn't seeing that part, but I finally discovered the "Connect to Revit Server" under the Collaborate tab

1202i5BED88C29619BF5C.

After connecting to the Revit server the Server icon shows up in the Open/Save short cuts.

So, it appears to be functioning now. The quesion is will it work Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
DarrenP

i would like to know how well it works

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

For now I can confirm little more than that it does work. A user in our central office can load up a Revit project from the Central Revit Server, while another user in remote office loads the same project from the "Local Revit Server".  Once a save to central occurs it is then propagated to the other office.  Although they did have a problem when they both tried to save to central at the same time Smiley Surprised

I do see that there will be some issues to work around. For instance Revit Server only does .rvt files (as far as I can tell), if we have any linked CAD files (risers, one lines, etc) they will need to be in both locations. Coming up with a system to sync the supporting non-Revit files may be a challenge. Ok, I can hear the purists now - just do everything in Revit. But the non .rvt statement also applies to the keyed note file.  Wonder when Revit will have integrated Keyed notes.....

Message 7 of 7
hermeytheelf

As far as linked dwg's are concerned, we have found that offices that have Riverbed Steelhead WAN accelerators do a good job of cahcing linked dwg's on models that are on Revit Server. This has eliminated our need for copying .dwg's around on the network. Obviously they don't just give those things away $$$ but it's worth mentioning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report