Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Problems - Crashes - Freezes - Windows 8.1 via Bootcamp - Revit 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adamnelsen
849 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Problems - Crashes - Freezes - Windows 8.1 via Bootcamp - Revit 2015

Revit will not run for long before it simply freezes and makes a noise when I click anywhere on it. I have to bring up the task bar and force quit Revit. I am also having display issues with it still even after reducing the size of the display to150% as prescribed by the other threads on this forum. I spent 150 dollars to have someone put this partition with windows on my macbook. I was having multipile issues doing it myself. I don't even know how they eventually ended up fixing it. On top of the cost of windows which was another hundred bucks, I'm feeling like I should have just put this money torwards a pc with just enough on it to run revit. I have a 2014 mid year 16gb ram 500g hard drive with all the bells and whistles, so I don't know what to do at this point. Even if I get it up and running and displaying properly, I don't like having to read all the text in windows at such a tiny size. It's straining on the eyes and not condusive to long work sessions. Advice? Anyone else having these problems with a Windows 8.1 Partition on a Mac Via Bootcamp. I'm also in my last week of school in an interior design program and am having a rough go at it with all these problems. Thanks for helping!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: adamnelsen

I really don't know what to suggest because this is running Windows on a Mac.  Typically with these problems I would start with the video card driver.  Is there a way you can check to see what driver Windows decided to use?  There might be a more compatible one you can download for Windows specifically.  But I would suspect that many of your issues start there.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
prechav1968
in reply to: adamnelsen

hi,

i had the same problem , i unstalled 2015 then installed 2013, it worked then istalled 2014 it crashed when i increased it to 200%( default) i reduced it to 150% clicked apply button and it rebooted , and it worked, then applied the same to 2015 and now it is working . I was not clicking the APPLY button but restarting manually, and the problem continued. Start off at 100%, 125% and see the performance. The only problem Is the buttons on the bootom ribbon are small

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report