Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Printing Issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ScottBaier6953
261 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Printing Issue

Does anybody know if the Revit Printing Issue will ever get fixed?  Seems like we have been dealing with it since 2012 and it is still an issue with 2015.

For those who have not exoerienced the problem, when you print a single file/combined set of PDFs for a project, Revit wants to print the file about 10 times which locks up your machine for about 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the project.  Most of us have learned to save and synch before printing, then crash and restart Revit as a work-around.  You would think this issue would have been adressed in 3 years.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tbrown6608
in reply to: ScottBaier6953

You would think...

I've been dealing with that issue for a while too, 2012 seems about right. Its almost as if Revit makes a PDF file for each page in the PDF. So you make a 10 page PDF, Revit makes 10, 10 page PDFs. (Or in our case, 50, 50 page PDFs, which like you said, its easier just to crash Revit than to wait it out) We've also have the occasional printing issue where Revit just straight up closes the second I click print. No error message, no recovery save prompt, just my desktop. I've sent countless error reports and messages to Autodesk about it, but I've only gotten 1 response, which basically told me to troubleshoot it and figure it out on my end. Maybe 2016 right?...

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: ScottBaier6953

I do not know if you are aware of it. Cadastrophe sometime ago give a solution to prevent the problem (HERE).

It seemed to have helped a lot of users.

---------Quote Cadastrophe------------

I have found that this is caused if the last place that the user clicked was in the Project Browser or if the current View is non-printable (i.e. a Schedule View). Prior to printing, be sure that you open any printable View and click anywhere inside that View to make it the 'active window'. Following this procedure, I have never had this problem again!

---------Quote Cadastrophe------------

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 4
ScottBaier6953
in reply to: L.Maas

We will give that a shot, hopfully Autodesk is listening and will fix the issue so that a "workaround" is not needed. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report