Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Plotting Issue between XP and Win7

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kevconner
652 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Plotting Issue between XP and Win7

Hope somebody can help since i cant find anything on this issue by searching.  We are having plotting quality issues between WinXP and Win7 from Revit 2012.  If i print from my 32bit machine (WinXP) the plot looks great.  All text is readable and shading is great.  If I have someone else print the same sheet from a 64bit Win7 machine the plot looks like crap.  The text looks like it has lines going through it and the entire plot is a lighter shade.  I have checked all settings between machines and they are identicle.  Both Full and Half size from the 32bit XP machines are great.  Full size from the 64bit is better but still a lighter shade and half size from the 64bit is complete garbage.  Here are the particulars:

Revit 2012 MEP

Plotters KIP 7100 and 7700 (doesnt matter which one is plotted to they look the same)

Text Font is Arial Narrow at 3/32

I am not sure if this is a Revit issue or a driver issue.  The 64bit machines do use a different driver.  anyway if anyone has had this issue please let me know.  Deadlines are looming.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
genem
in reply to: kevconner

an idea......double check all the configurations inside the printer settings on each that they are the same DPI, halftone settings, etc.

This would be at the Windows, Devices and Printers settings. There can be some deep stuff in there. Just make sure both are set up the same.

genem@... (NNTP handle: genemarz)
You may recognize me from the
hundreds of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 10 years
as genemarz

Message 3 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: genem

Do you think it would perhaps be worthwhile to see if the printing is different for other programs as well? Like with AutoCAD or printing a basic photo image from both boxes? If those are different, then it's not Revit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
kevconner
in reply to: genem

So I checked the print settings under Printers and Devices and you are correct.  The 64bit machines have are trying to use the KIPGL output format instead of the KIPScript like the 32bit.  I reinstalled the driver and forced it to use the IPScript option.  Plots from the 64bit machines look perfect now.  Crisp, clear and readable.  Just FYI for everyone using KIP plotters, the new driver now has a Revit Compatibility button option. However, I could not get it to hold the option in the settings.  When I reinstalled using the IPScript the button was no longer avaiable so not sure what it would have done.  Anyway thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
genem
in reply to: kevconner

glad we could help!!

it's always that little stuff you don' tthink of......

genem@... (NNTP handle: genemarz)
You may recognize me from the
hundreds of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 10 years
as genemarz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report