Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Panel Schedule Formulas MEP2012

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
MattMarekEUA
1718 Views, 8 Replies

Revit Panel Schedule Formulas MEP2012

I'm having an issue where I add a new load classification, but if I go to the panel schedule to use it in a formula (using the calculated value command), I do not see this load classification listed under the parameter fields. 

Does anyone know how to get all your load classifications to show up in the parameter fields?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
eric_grey
in reply to: MattMarekEUA

Are you trying to use the demand factor value in your calculation?  If so, are you setting the type field to Demand Factor?  Does this only happen to new load classifications that you have added to your project or all load classifications?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 9
MattMarekEUA
in reply to: eric_grey

My goal is to use the Estimated Demand Current value in my calculations.  It seems that the load categories that do not appear in the parameter list are the ones that were newly created for the project. 

Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

Are these custom load classifications applied to elements in the project, yet? They may not appear unless that classification is being used.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
MattMarekEUA
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yes, the project is fully circuited with all load classifications and demand factors applied. 

What I'd like to do is take my Heating Load and Cooling Loads and calculate the greater of the two (since they are non-coincident).  However, I do not get the option of selecting the "Heating" load classification I have created or the "Cooling" load classification that I created, because they are not appearing in my list of parameters.

I'm hoping someone else has run into this problem 🙂

Message 6 of 9
MattMarekEUA

For Reference, I am trying to do everything that's done in this video:

http://www.screencast.com/users/MartinSchmidADSK/folders/Revit%20MEP/media/017e1720-9b7f-4ac8-a05c-3...

I have everything set up correctly, except when I try to enter the formula in the panel schedule template, I am missing a bunch of the load classifications that I have defined in my panel schedules.

Message 7 of 9
CoreyDaun

Did you create your classifications with the exact name of the existing ones, spelled exactly as "Heating"? I just created a load classification in a random project named "TEST TEST", and I can see the full list of parameters:

LoadClassifications.PNG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 9
MattMarekEUA
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I figured it out based on your response:

Some load classifications defined in my project are a result of families being imported into the project that have those load classifications within the family.

So my motor family has the load classifications "Heating" "Cooling" etc.. within the family.

When I brought it in the project, it brought the classifications with it. 

However, the scheduling function does not like this and does not recognize this as a project parameter able to be manipulated in the formulas.

If I puposely create a new load classification in the project called "Heating2" or "Cooling2", they show up as intended in the formula fields.

I'm not sure if this could constitute as a "bug", but the only way around this will be to create new load classifications within the project and move all my loads over to the new ones....

I guess I will know for the next project, anyway.

Message 9 of 9
eric_grey

Yes, this is a bug and has been added to our database.  This should be addressed in a future release.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report