Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Missing Section Tag and other Objects

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Milt-Fitz
17003 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Missing Section Tag and other Objects

I'm sure this is very similar to the Missing Section Tag Topic.... I'm having the same issues along with Missing Elevation Views, or Elevation Directions, (Please refer to screen shots). This has happened to me before, causing me to only provide screen shots of the project instead of the full blown file for a class project, (thank GOD it was only for a test).

What exactly is happening, or causing this problem? I don't want to be put in a position again where I need to provide full sets of drawings and can not justify, or show where my Section Cut Tags, Elevations , or Annotation/Room Tag Information are missing in the plan views

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Siemens Industries (Full-Time Office Position)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Milt-Fitz

The View in which the Elevations and Sections are missing is set to the Electrical Discipline. I imagine that the Elevation and Section Views are set to the Mechanical Discipline, and thus, will not show on an Electrical Plan. If you set the Section Views to Coordination Discipline, they will show up in all Views, though this will affect their visibility settings.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7

Part of the problem also is understanding Revit workflows and the effects of parametric relationships built into Revit.

You should aim to be quite fastidious and quite regimented when using the software to avoid these seemingly catastrophic but simple problems.

For example - you have played with the settings of the mechanical view to display electrical components and inadvertantly given yourself a lot of problems and grief from the bosses. Try duplicating the view, renaming and then changing the settings so you have two entirely different views performing separate tasks. Then you can decide whether you want an electrical section or a Coordinated section - as suggested by CADastrophe.

For more (limited) information on this refer to the Wiki :-

View Properties

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
Milt-Fitz

To CADastrophe & JulianJameseson8403,

Thanks for your response and sorry for not getting back to the both of you any sooner.

Both of your responses seem valid and I will research them both since the work I'm doing is a mixture of all 3 disciplines (Mech. Elect.& Plumbing), meaning for one of my systems I will add or drawing something that involves them all. That being said with out me knowing, the families are probably in the right spots, or disciplines and eventhough I may be on the ductwork (mechanical view) I probably can not see the conduit wiring for my damper and the actuator or the piping because those items are in the electrical and plumbing  views.

I will let you know if these are valid answers, or responses.

Thanks again,

Milt (a.k.a. Drafter1981)

Message 5 of 7

I probably can not see the conduit wiring for my damper and the actuator or the piping because those items are in the electrical and plumbing views.

To clarify, any elements in the Model Categories are available to "be seen" in any view, it's just a matter of adjusting visibility settings. Having said that, there are several of these settings (the Properties palette has some but not all), so it makes sense to set up each view for a specific discipline.

It's also helpful to create a second view for some disciplines...2 1st floor HVAC plans for example. One view to show everything how you want it displayed on a sheet, another to use for creating the content (which may have elements turned on for reference, or shown a different detail level or visual style). This way, you're ready to plot at a moment's notice, without having to go back and forth with settings like if you used just one view for both working and printing.

Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun

You mentioned "Conduit Wiring". I'm unsure of exactly what elements your referring to, but note that Conduit is a Model Element that will appear in any view according to View settings, as explain by AnmarieJames8335. But as for actual Wiring, while it is listed under Model Categories, they behave and appear as Annotations, meaning that the Wires must be created in (or copied to) each View you want them to appear in as they will only display in the View in which they were created (and Dependent Views).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
Milt-Fitz
in reply to: CoreyDaun

To CADastrophe, JulianJameseson8403, & AnmarieJames8335,

Again, thank you all for your responses. It seems as if a little of all of your suggestions had to be used. So far the only thing NOT showing up in the views that I need to see are my heating and cooling valves which now obviously need to be on the plumbing plan, and  needs to be tweaked as far as visibility, (I have all 3 disciplines shown on another test file).

Refer to my "Test-2" screen shots that shows all 3 disciplines. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report