Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT MEP

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
rubenj73
525 Views, 13 Replies

REVIT MEP

Any word on electrical cable tray and conduit to be addded?
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Jrobker
in reply to: rubenj73

Everyone involved on the Beta testing team has to accept a Confidentiality agreement.
No screenshots, rumors, etc.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 14
jfrog

Our company is currently looking at getting into Revit...we use Autocad now. As the original poster seems to be implying - Does Revit not do cable tray??? What else does it not do?
Message 4 of 14
mojova

oh boy, we could be here for awhile.

I would take a good look through this thread and over at AUGI and see the loads of comments about user's experiences with Revit MEP and maybe if you are able play around w/ a demo version and create sample projects prior to making that decision if you indeed have that luxury of choosing. Our firm was more or less forced into it and find it usefull some areas and a hinderance in others. too big of a platform to start listing what it is or isn't able to do.
Message 5 of 14
jfrog

That's what I was afraid of. For the price, it ought to do everything and do it well. That should include bringing me coffee!

We're an MEP firm who is being strongly urged (by our biggest client) )to get up to speed on Revit. I can sort of see the benefit of designing ductwork with it, but electrical?
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

Jeez, for a little less in price, Autocad doesn't even do everything well.

When you find the perfect program that does everything well, PLEASE come back and let us know what it is.

I'll say this about Revit MEP, Autodesk is definitely commited to it's development. There are plenty of large firms using is now with workarounds they have figured out on their own. As was suggested, grab a demo, go through a tutorial or three and see for yourself.

THEN, find a reseller that will help you implement it, not just sell you a box with a subscription.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

"... implement it,..."

Probably the most important process - and the most overlooked
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

The Wishlist in this forum is the best list to see where Revit MEP2010 currently stands. A nice reality check.
For your client, do they work with Revit MEP? Most likely not. What's good for architecture, might not be good for MEP. It's never good to be pressured into software by outside companies, vendors to buy new software. I wish each compancould choose for its own what software to use. Of course, if one's fees are too high due to inefficient software use, it's not good either.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

we have used 'duct' in place of cabletray, same general appearance. why not use pipe for conduit?
Message 10 of 14
jfrog

Of course we have a choice whether to buy Revit or not. We also have a choice on whether to continue working with them or not, also. We bought a couple copies of Revit MEP.
Message 11 of 14
abulla

Did I read that Kyle B said that the non-disclosure agreement had been lifted for 2011? Sure would be nice....
Message 12 of 14
dougmabey

Check this out.
What's New for Revit MEP 2011
Cable Tray and Conduit
http://revitmep.blogspot.com/2010/03/whats-new-for-revit-mep-2011.html
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

I would like to ask whether AutoCAD MEP or Autodesk Revit MEP can used for Water and Wastewater treatment plant design? Or you can use both for plumbing system only within the building but not for process piping like treatment plant?

Thanks in advance.
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

To address the original question posed on this thread, Revit MEP 2011 seems to have a fairly complete array of conduit, cable tray, etc., electrical tools that earlier releases lacked. I observed these at a recent demonstration by our AutoDesk reseller. One item worthy of note and not too surprising, if one creates a model in 2011 it is not backward compatible to earlier revit versions. Edited by: paulristuccia on Apr 23, 2010 7:44 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report