Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP video issue using approved hardware/driver version

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jjcrocco
356 Views, 2 Replies

Revit MEP video issue using approved hardware/driver version

I have a new 64 bit Win 7 computer, 16 GB ram, I7 processor with a Nvidia Quadro FX380 256 ram video card.  This video card is on the approved list.  The approved driver version is 265.70.  The computer came with the driver installed and it was a newer driver, version 266.45.  I was having issues intermittantly where it would crash when zooming in and out.  Both screens would blink and i would get an error that the video stopped responding and that the program had to close.  The only program this happens to is RevitMEP, never on anything else.  Also, when this happens, only that program is affected.  Everything else is still working fine.

So, after Revit kept crashing on me 3 times in a half hour, I went to install the older "approved" version.

I successfully installed the older version, and went to test it by opening Revit and zooming in and out for a little while.  within 1 minute, it crashed again, but this time worse.  Now my screen was all fuzzy, had horizontal colored lines on it, and barely could see anything.  I restarted the computer then reinstalled the original driver.  I did find there is even a newer driver, but I havent tried that yet.

I dont know if the issue is with the card, or the driver, or the system setup.  Can anyone please help.

I may be interested in upgrading to a card with 1 gig ram, but not sure now what will work and can I trust the approved list?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
annanietto
in reply to: jjcrocco

it also happened to me.....................god help us !!! i have a hp 8785 and it has also nvidia card!!! ..........i cant open my revit files !°°° it says that it has an error ............ AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO MANAGE THE GRAPHICSCARD....

anna maria

Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: annanietto

Try searching or posting in the Hardware forum. You're more likely to get a better response there.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report