Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP some spaces are not being bound by the linked architectural ceiling.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
spljames
1719 Views, 2 Replies

Revit MEP some spaces are not being bound by the linked architectural ceiling.

As the title states I'm having an issue with some MEP spaces not being bound by the linked architectural ceiling.

I'm using Revit 2013 and it's a model with worksets.

• First I verified the architectural model setting = Architecture tab > Room & Area > Area and Computations > Area and Volumes, it is.
  • Verified that the ceiling is set to room bounding, it is.
  • Verified our model settings = Analyze tab > Spaces & Zones > Area and Computations > Area and Volumes, it does.
  • Place space as follows, Space button > Upper Limit set to Level above and an offset of 0 > select room.
  • Does the same thing with placing manually or automatically

Looking at the properties for the space the unbounded height is 16' ( floor to floor height ) but  the room has an 8' ceiling in it.  The Computation height is 3'.  And the volume is double of what it should be. 

Any thoughts as to why it would not recognize the ceiling height?  This happens to about half of the rooms.  The other half work just fine or should I say as expected. 

Thanks,

Sean

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aschneider1
in reply to: spljames

Are you absolutely sure the rooms are enclosed?  There are no gaps anywhere?  I going through the motion of exporting as a gbXML file.  When the dialog box pops up that shows the Spaces graphically, you can see whether or not there are gaps in the Spaces you are referring to...

Adrianna Schneider, LEED AP
AEC Solutions Engineer

:

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: spljames

I've seen this before. The ceiling can be set as "room bounding" or not. In the architectural revit file you can look at the ceiling element and it can be checked or not checked.

Personally I like to have these all off because I like my volume calculations to pull the entire wall not just the floor to ceiling wall portion.

-Josh F

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report