Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP Receptacle and Wiring Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
606 Views, 3 Replies

Revit MEP Receptacle and Wiring Problem

When I try to manually wire the receptacles I place in a room there is no connection points on the receptacles, so I can not create a circuit. I remember in training the receptacles had connection points so you can click on them with the wiring tool and they would hook right up. Do I have something not turned on? I just can't figure it out.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dennis
in reply to: Anonymous

That is confusing. The out of the box recepts do have a connection, the snap symbol looks like the node in AutoCAD. You should still be able to circuit it even if you cant find the node to draw a wire from....provided the connector is there. Try selecting the recept, then see if the grip shows up. If not, then try a different recept, or edit the family and add your own.
Message 3 of 4
bcaudill

Once it's circuited, if you "tab" over a receptacle, it'll show you the wiring back to the source. You can then click on the outline and keep the wiring to show (you'll see 2 small flyouts).

Hope that helps too.

~BMC~
Message 4 of 4
Martin__Schmid

Edit the family, and check to be sure it actually has an electrical power connector, and is Categorized as an Electrical Fixture.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report