Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP fixture placement issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
EllaMills6806
1086 Views, 2 Replies

Revit MEP fixture placement issues

I am trying to place a fixture in the RCP view mode to a linked architectural file. I have already placed some 2x4 in the ceiling without any problems. I type "LF" for light fixture shortcut and instead of coming up with a window of fixtures that i can choose from, load family, place on vertical face, place on face, or place on reference plane options, it pops up with "PICK REFERENCE PLANE" menu and FORCES me to pick it on a refrelce plane... and it won't give me any other options.

Has anyone ran into that before? How do I get rid of it and go back to the standard place light fixture options?

I have a 50% set due Monday and of course can't do anything (other then scratch the whole thing and start from scratch).

Any help greatly apprecaited.

Thank you,

Ella

I have attached the file of the response I get after I click "place light fixture" button or type LF shortcut.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You should be able to either escape out of the command, then use the light fixture button, or change the fixture type in the Properties Palette.

If that does not work, screenshots or a short video maybe more helpful in describing what you are seeing.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 3
c.era
in reply to: EllaMills6806

Possibly try adding a light fixture via the 'Home/light fixtures' tab and make sure you are using the same light fixutre that you already placed. There have been issues with hosting types, especially with light fixtures. When you 'LF' you are trying to add the last placed Light fixture and perhaps that individual fixture is not properly set up. When you go through the home tab you can drop down and select the fixture you want to place.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report