Revit MEP

Mentor
michaelmead
Message 1 of 2 (232 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit MEP file too large...

232 Views, 1 Replies
04-26-2012 12:30 PM

Hi all, I am working with a large Revit file 238MB and it is painfully slow. for example if I just want to delete a duct fitting, I have to wait like 30 sec or more. I have multiple linked files already, with none set as attachments. I have a fast computer (24GB), but I can not figure out how to make it work faster.  Please feel free to give me any and all things I can do to speed it up. Thanks,

-Mike

There are a lot of factors to the speed of a Revit Model, such as number of active users and worksharing. If you perform a search in this forum with the keywords "Slow Model", you'll see a bunch of similar posts. Take a peek at some of these and I'm sure you'll find something useful in there....

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (216 Views)

Re: Revit MEP file too large...

04-27-2012 07:42 AM in reply to: michaelmead

There are a lot of factors to the speed of a Revit Model, such as number of active users and worksharing. If you perform a search in this forum with the keywords "Slow Model", you'll see a bunch of similar posts. Take a peek at some of these and I'm sure you'll find something useful in there....

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.