Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP families

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
filipesmsantos
919 Views, 3 Replies

Revit MEP families

Hi everyone,

I want to know if someone can give me some advices about where I can get some plumbing and hvac families like pipe filters, all type of valves and other accessories to use in MEP projects.

I would like to know if you use some generic sites to download the families or if you go directly to manufacturer. 

There is some BIM site specific for MEP?

Do you can give me a list of some manufacturers that have available on webiste some BIM families to download?

Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: filipesmsantos

seek.autodesk.com is a good starting point.

If you know which manufacturer is going to be used in the project you can check with them if they have Revit families available.

Otherwise google is a good source. Use searches like "Revit rfa valve" if you are looking for valves.

Most of the time generic sites or manufacturer sites will pop-up. 

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
filipesmsantos
in reply to: L.Maas

I know Autodeskseek, BIM Object, Revitcity etc etc. But every is weak on the MEP area.

I want a generic valve, or a generic strainer, to make a solid template so I can use the family in every project I make.

I there is a project where a specific model of a specific manufaturer obviously I would go directly to the website of that manufacturer.

But thank you anyway

Message 4 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: filipesmsantos

If you need more generic content, than are the valves, strainers etc in the standard revit libraries not suitable?

They should be a good starring point to generate your own content. Or start off with just a template?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report