Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP electrical lighting

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
526 Views, 5 Replies

Revit MEP electrical lighting

I am fairly new to Revit MEP 2011 (2 mths). I was reading from "Mastering Autodesk Revit MEP 2011" book that you should use the "Generic model face-based" family template for creating a light fixture. I am looking for a procedure that shows me how to create a family (rfa) for a light fixture. The help inside Revit MEP is not that great. Actually very poor. I hope someone knows a procedure for creating a light fixture. Please help. Barry H.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
julianjameson8403
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk's Revit MEP families guide available for free to download off their website. They have a light fitting typical example in there and also give guidance on principles of content creation. Also only ever use non hosted templates or face based templates - not ceiling/wall/floor/roof based templates.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: julianjameson8403

Where would I find the light fitting typical example in the download?
Message 4 of 6
julianjameson8403

If you use theAutodesk wiki site and search for Families Guide, there should be an entry which links you to the downloads. The wiki is better than the help as the search facility works better and people can/do contribute to it

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: julianjameson8403

Thank you very much.
Message 6 of 6
sajan017

dear all
my dear friends iam looking electrical family template , anybody have please send to me

thanks & regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report