Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP Circuits

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
vewright
1632 Views, 8 Replies

Revit MEP Circuits

Revit MEP 2012 won't allow me to add devices to or remove devices from an electrical circuit. It worked for me on Revit MEP 2011. Is there a setting for this?

Also, there is not Convert to Wire panel when editing a circuit, nor a Convert to Wire icon, as shown in some of the Revit MEP books.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: vewright

When you select an electrical device that currently belongs to a circuit, there is a contextual tab available for Electrical Circuits that does not automatically become selected. You must go to this tab and then to Edit Circuit.

To generate wiring for a circuit, you must hover over an element of that circuit and press tab. Select the circuit and you will see a couple of icons appear for generating the wiring:

Convert to Wire.JPG

Existing wire must be deleted and re-created to change it's type. To easily delete the existing wire, highlight the wire, hit Tab to select all the elements of the circuit, and use the filter to select only wire elements and delete them.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
manuelparedes
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have Revit 2013. I want the wiring of the elctrical circuit to be shown. There is not "Convert to Wire" icon or option. I can make appear the wiring using the Tab and pointing to the device, but the wiring does not show permanently after all. Please advise what to do.

Message 4 of 9
vewright
in reply to: manuelparedes

Wires are not 3D elements in the model. They are a view-specific form of
annotation to show how elements are assigned to circuits. So, if you select
a circuit and generate the wiring in one view, those wires will not appear
in any other views. If you have a power wiring view and a lighting view, you
must generate wires for each of the views.

Vic Wright

502 609 4441
Message 5 of 9
CoreyDaun

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

It sounds like you might not be selecting the Electrical Circuit, but just pressing Tab and "highlighting" it. After you press Tab and the dashed image of the Wiring appears, click to select the Electrical Circuit and then the "Create Wire" icons should appear as per the image in my previous post.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 9
manuelparedes

I am not mixing views. I am working only on power circuit. There is not "convert to wire" on this 2013 Revit. Some youtube videos show a Revit software with the "Convert to Wire" Icon. How do I create a permanent wiring of a circuit (graphically).
Message 7 of 9
vewright

As CADastrophe points out, the "Convert to Wire" icons do not appear until you select a circuit. When you hover over a circuit element and press Tab, the circuit will be displayed as a dashed rectangle enclosing the circuit elements, but it is not selected until you left click. When you select the circuit, Revit will display dashed wires between the circuit elements, which are the wires that Revit proposes to draw. When you have selected the circuit, the Convert to Wire icons will appear in the ribbon, and somewhere in the the graphics window. Click the icon, and Revit will draw the wires. You can also draw wires with the Wire button on the Systems tab of the ribbon.

Message 8 of 9
manuelparedes

Everything is fine from what you have mentioned. When I left click, the circuit is selected, but no "convert to wire" icon pop up. Please advise.
Message 9 of 9
manuelparedes

OK. Finally. IT is working now. Thanks for your advise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report