Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2014 - Underlays

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
324 Views, 3 Replies

Revit MEP 2014 - Underlays

I'm a lighitng designer using Revit MEP and trying to create a RCP with an underlay showing the furniture underneath.  When I turn on an underlay of the associated level floor plan, nothing shows up.  I've checked to make sure I  have all the categories turned on in visibility graphics.  The problem doesn't seem to respond to any view range adjustments.  Is this a limitation of MEP?  I'm new to this platform and never had a problem like this in Revit Architecture.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

1st, you don't say how (or what) you're working with for the back ground/underlay.....Cad File, Linked Revit Arch, etc.  If you could give a little more info, it would be helpful to diagnose.  That being said, I'd check the orientation of the view im in , Plan or RCP, and "maybe" that the clg(s) have a Transparency set.

Without a little more upfront, that's the best I can offer.

HTH.

Mike

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Sorry.  I'm working in a ceiling/lighitng model with linked architectural models for the shell, interiors, and core elements.  So the furniture elements that I'm hoping to see when I turn on the underlay (orientation set to plan) are in the linked interiors model.

I hadn't thought of the ceiling transparency, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Are the Furniture families turned on in the Revit Link..AND are VG's in
linked file set up for host or model? If Host, make sure their turned on in
your model...

Michael L. Maloney

VDC & BIM Model Coordination

mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com

Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014/15

Charlotte, N.C / Fort Mill, SC.

386-931-6733

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the
trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is
no reason not to follow your heart."

--Steve Jobs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report