Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2014 Properties Menu error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tcardente
391 Views, 3 Replies

Revit MEP 2014 Properties Menu error

Hi All, fairly new Revit user, only been using the software for about 3 months now. So I like to have my properties dialog box on the left side of the screen, it is always on because of how frequently I use it. When i open one project, everything is fine. When i open a second project, the properties box goes into the funky error state attached. Can anyone help? I have no idea what is causing this or how to fix it and my IT is stumped. Thanks all!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcardente
in reply to: tcardente

I'd like to add that this issue is now cropping up even when only 1 project is open, after repeated use of the 'sync with central' command.
Message 3 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: tcardente

Sometimes this is caused Revit became corrupted. Often after a crash or sudden shutdown.

This can often be solved by renaming a key in the window registry

RENAME:

Autodesk Revit MEP 2014

IN:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\

TO:
Autodesk Revit MEP 2014 backup

After restarting Revit the registry key will be remade by Revit and should fix the menus.

Another solution that is reported by other users is that reason is a corrupt local file. To solve it open the central file and overwrite your local file from there. Some report (in case of standalone files) that a save as fixes the problem.

However do not forget to see if updates are availbale which might solve this issuse.

Interesting to hear if one of the above fixes your problem

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 4
tcardente
in reply to: L.Maas

Thank you very much! I renamed the registry key as you suggested, worked great. all my menus are reset and fixed. Also, i deleted the old local files in my documents folder, I suspect that may have helped as well but I'm not sure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report