Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2013 won't open files after 2014 installs

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kevinlima1368
1639 Views, 7 Replies

Revit MEP 2013 won't open files after 2014 installs

My Revit MEP 2013 won’t open any files anymore. I am able to open Revit, navigate through the open command but no success actually opening a file. It hangs up after trying to open the file. I have however been able to open files a couple times but after navigating to one view it hangs up. This started happening after I installed Revit, Navisworks and Inventor 2014 in one day. I have installed service packs up to SP3 with no luck. Revit MEP 2012 on my machine is still performing normally.

Has this happened to anyone? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Kevin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
alan.quinn
in reply to: kevinlima1368

Is this the update you installed? http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21890399&linkID=9273944

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 8
kevinlima1368
in reply to: alan.quinn

Message 4 of 8
alan.quinn
in reply to: kevinlima1368

Is this happening to all files or just one? If one, do you have any back-ups that open as expected. You mentioned that one view is freezing up Revit. It sounds like the view is corrupt. Can you open the file by any means, right click on the issue view and delete it? 

If you are still having issue I will pull this case out of the forums and contact you directly. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 8
kevinlima1368
in reply to: alan.quinn

This was happening to any project or family file no matter what size. I managed to get a full uninstall and reinstall done(not through the windows "Programs and Features"). This seemed to fix the issue I was having. It was strange that this happened after 2014 was installed.

-Kevin

Message 6 of 8

Kevin,

My Revit Structure 2013 starting behaving strangely also after I had Revit Structure 2014 installed. I would hang on my during my work session. It could be opening views or manipulating elements in my model.

I searched and found a possible solution on the autodesk site suggesting that perhaps my "Profile" had become corrupt. Tried that suggested solution but only helped temporarily, it started hanging again.

Did a complete clean un-install and had our IT staff reinstall completely. Worked fine for a while, then it started hanging again.

So far I have noticed that:

a. It is not file/model related (happened to me on various project models

b. Not network related (tried working on a local copy of the models off network)

c. Not antivirus software related (made sure all antivirus tasks/processes were stopped completely)

d. Other coworkers are experiencing issues after they had Revit 2014 installed (such as disappearing Ribbons)

So far all points to the Revit 2014 install. Perhaps Autodesk should officially start looking into this.

Many thanks - Joseph

Message 7 of 8

Joseph,

After I thought I had this fixed this, it acted up on me again. I ended up having to uninstall the .NET 4.5 framework that comes with Revit 2014 and install the older .NET 4.0 framework found on Microsoft's website. This has fixed issues with a number of computers at my company.

-Kevin
Message 8 of 8

Kevin - thank you for the solution. That finally fixed my issues also.

thank you  - Joseph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report