Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2013 Switchboard Template

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lar70
1873 Views, 2 Replies

Revit MEP 2013 Switchboard Template

Question:

Is this a bug?  See attachment.  The width of the switchboard was set to 8" in the Template Settings.  Once the was edited and reapplied to the schedule, as it was dragged onto the sheet is appears that the Electric-Circuiting portion of the template extends beyond the 8" previously set, for no exact reason.  Is there something that I'm missing?  The template appears accurate with the border trace in the Edit Panelboard editor and all, but when refreshing or reapplying the template, the extension on the right side of the "Load" column shows up.  Thoughts?

Observations regarding Panel Schedule Templates overall,

For those of you wanting using calculated formulas for cells, the "Format Units" settings cannot be modified on a calculated cell - bummer.  This means that if you want to report kVA unit totals, the calculated cell will report the results in VASmiley Frustrated.  Overriding the units in a calculated cell is a must.  Not even "digit grouping" works for calculated cells.  Nice feature overall, but useless if consistency is a must.  Please fix, or advise on how to do so.

Another bug I came across was the panel schedule template allows reporting the Apparent Phase Loads per circuit in kVA.  However, when the "Max # of Poles" is set beyond 42 circuits (even if your template is set for 84 circuits), and the template is reapplied, the cells values revert back to VA notation - bug.  In spite of the fact that now the NEC allows branch panelboards greater than 42 circuits.  This should be fixed.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: lar70

I've run into a few flaws when dealing with Panel Schedule Templates, including the graphical one you mention. I posted about it.

Panel Schedule Graphical Error

Were your troublesome Panel Schedule Template create in 2012 and upgraded/imported into 2013? The default template in MEP 2012 was corrupt, I believe. At least for me and several others I've heard about.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
lar70
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Interesting that you mention that because I used the MEP 2013 out-of-box template for the regular panel schedule template, and I did not have this issue.  It appears that the Switchboard template "out-of-the" box is nothing like the Panelboard template - it's very plain.  It may be an issue that migrated from 2012 version... who knows.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report