Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2013 RAM gobbler

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clippincott-CL
368 Views, 2 Replies

Revit MEP 2013 RAM gobbler

Recently started using Revit MEP 2013 and have found that it has a very healthy appetite for RAM.  I used to have 8GB of RAM until my system kept crashing so I now have 16GB and it is still crashing, though it takes longer to get to the point where it crashes.  Autodesk suggests having 16GB for optimum performance.

I have monitored the program in Task Manager.  It steadily uses more and more RAM until it has eventually gobbled it all up.  Do I have to have more than 16GB of RAM to satisfy the appetite of Revit MEP 2013?  Or is there a setting I can change that will correct the situation, kind of like a gastric bypass?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

What?  Nobody else has had this problem? 

I installed Update 2 and that seemed to help a little but it just slowed Revit's consumption of my RAM, it didn't halt it.  Revit's ravenous RAM appetite will not be denied.  Slowly but surely, even if it has to do it a crumb (bite?) at a time, it devours all of my RAM, starving the other programs, and leaves me RAMless.  It's a travesty.

Other facts I left out of my previous post (If it matters):

Windows 7

64-bit

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz

Thanks in advance for any assitance offered.

Message 3 of 3
thombrady
in reply to: clippincott-CL

Frazzlesnazzle, everyone has had this problem!! There are so many long time users on this site that they are sick of talking about it. Do a search for slow revit & you will find multiple posts about it & probably some stuff that will help. Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report