I have a DATA OUTLET tag/w a ID circuit number parameter, I need to add the floor number (parameter) at front, any idea how to do it?
Thank you in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
There is no automatic way to do this. The course of action that I recommend would be:
1. Create a new Shared Parameter [Text] for this prefix and add it as a Project Parameter (Electrical Fixtures, Instance).
2. Add this Shared Parameter as appropriate to your Tag Family.
3. Create an Electrical Fixtures Schedule and include "Level" and your Shared Parameters as the only fields.
4. Set the Schedule to sort by "Level". Disable "Itemize Every Instance". Hit 'OK'.
5. In the Schedule View, you can select the blank cells next to each listed Level and enter the desired value. This value will then be cascaded to all applicable Model Elements in the Project.
There is some manual labor involved, but it's not much. You must periodically return to the Schedule and reenter these values in order to apply them to all newly created Model Elements.
Thank you, for your reply.
I got lose on between 1st & 2nd steps, can you go step by step on those two ..please.