Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT MEP 2013 - ADD PARAMETER TO A DATA OUTLET

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hcanas
941 Views, 3 Replies

REVIT MEP 2013 - ADD PARAMETER TO A DATA OUTLET

I have a DATA OUTLET tag/w a ID circuit number parameter, I need to add the floor number (parameter) at front, any idea how to do it?

Please help...

Thank you in advance.

Dave

DC
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: hcanas

There is no automatic way to do this. The course of action that I recommend would be:

1. Create a new Shared Parameter [Text] for this prefix and add it as a Project Parameter (Electrical Fixtures, Instance).

2. Add this Shared Parameter as appropriate to your Tag Family.

3. Create an Electrical Fixtures Schedule and include "Level" and your Shared Parameters as the only fields.

4. Set the Schedule to sort by "Level". Disable "Itemize Every Instance". Hit 'OK'.

5. In the Schedule View, you can select the blank cells next to each listed Level and enter the desired value. This value will then be cascaded to all applicable Model Elements in the Project.

There is some manual labor involved, but it's not much. You must periodically return to the Schedule and reenter these values in order to apply them to all newly created Model Elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
hcanas
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Corey D.

Thank you, for your reply.

I got lose on between 1st & 2nd steps, can you go step by step on those two ..please.

really apreciate...

Dave

DC
Message 4 of 4
hcanas
in reply to: hcanas

Sorry, I got the answer here...about the shared parameter..

http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2011/issue58-revit.html

DC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report