Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2012 Filter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gladson_dialog
641 Views, 3 Replies

Revit MEP 2012 Filter

could anyone please help me, how to play with filters, earlier I did it with system name and workset now my company wants to play around with few worksets, issue is with plumbing. I have one workset and I need to create all the system with this one workset including DCW, DHW, Sanitary, storm water, Low pressure steam, condensate drain and gas. I created filter each and every one, when I applied it worked for DCW,DHW and sanitary not the other ones.

Please advice me,

Thanks in advance,

Gladson

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: gladson_dialog

Do each of these Systems have its own piping system? If so, Filter by system name.

FilterDialog.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
gladson_dialog
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks, I got a solution without filter, I did it thru system browser.......

Gladson

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: gladson_dialog

Are you trying to control the appearance/color of the systems? If you use the System Family Graphic Overrides, then this may affect other components within the system, even if the elements is not pipe (i.e. plumbing fixtures). Illustrated below, you can see the sink on the left is being affected by the system graphic overrides.

Sinks.JPG

I would recommend View Filters because they are more precise and are more powerful, as you could turn the systems on/off etc. through them. True, they have to be setup in each view, but View Templates are great for that. In fact, you can make a View Template that only applies a set of View Filters.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report