Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2012 eTransmit for archiving

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CarrieHoffman02
387 Views, 6 Replies

Revit MEP 2012 eTransmit for archiving

I am trying to archive an old (2012) Revit MEP model. I am running on update Release 2. I found the handy dandy eTransmit tool and installed it. It installed just fine and everything was going smoothly until this error popped up (see attachment). I have clicked continue and after about 30 minutes I gave up on it. Does the etransmit process take that long? Is there something else I need to be doing? How are you archiving your models?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Hello, long time no see!

I've never used it, but that error is leading me to believe this may have something to do with the .Net 4.5 installation that accompanies Revit 2014. This is the cause of the notorious Ribbon glitch with the Contextual tab "sticking". Anyway, I would suggest making sure you have the Revit 2012 Hotfix and I saw that there is an Update 1 available for Revit 2012 eTransmit, so try that, too. If that fails, perhaps try to get in contact with someone from the Revit Clinic.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I actually thought about emailing you directly but wasn't sure if that was still an option. I was able to etransmit a test file with ease so I'm guessing either my file is too large or like it says my file names are too long. Either way I am doing it a different way. I think the update 1 you mentioned is for Revit and not just the add-in. Do you archive your Revit models?

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

carriehall42 wrote:

"I actually thought about emailing you directly but wasn't sure if that was still an option. I was able to etransmit a test file with ease so I'm guessing either my file is too large or like it says my file names are too long. Either way I am doing it a different way. I think the update 1 you mentioned is for Revit and not just the add-in. Do you archive your Revit models?"

If you still have my email address, feel free to use it. If you want to send me the file, I'll go get e

Yeah, you're right. I read that wrong - that blog was indeed referring to Update 1 for Revit.

Well, we still official s**k as Revit as a firm, and we have but a handful of Revit Projects.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7

While it looks like you are using mapped file locations, Revit will usually the UNC path location anyway, so I would suspect that the UNC path is actually quite long. To help us get a better idea of what is happening, please close and restart Revit, and then go through the process to eTransmit the file in 2012. If you get the error (which is expected at this point), please gather and post the latest journal file from the machine.

You should be able to find the journals in the folder below:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit MEP 2012\Journals

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 6 of 7

I have been doing this in 2012 all along because I didn't want to go through the process of upgrading the model. I restated Revit and tried again multiple times These are all the files from that day when I was trying to eTransmit that file. 

Message 7 of 7

Unfortunately the journals do not contain the error you are getting, which usually means that the issue lies outside of Revit.

If you have not already, I would try reinstalling the .NET Framework on your machine using the link on the page below:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report