Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2011 & Up, Quantifying Spares in Table Schedule Views

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Bill.Knittle
404 Views, 1 Reply

Revit MEP 2011 & Up, Quantifying Spares in Table Schedule Views

I have a customer interested in quantifying the number of Spares in all the Panelboards of a project. In testing the practicality of this, I noticed that scheduling Electrical Circuits yields no results as a Spare is not a true circuit of elements.However, scheduling the Electrcial Equipment with a Filter to find Panelboards in the building shows some promise when it comes to Spare current, demand, and connected load (Panel Summary stuff). Unfortunately, this too is not quantifying the number of spares. Is there something I'm missing???

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Bill.Knittle

While this is "possible", the work-around is a bit of a stretch and a little unreasonable.

SpareSchedule.JPG

First, I went to all of my Panel Schedules and for each Spare, I entered the load of 0.01VA. The number immediately reverts back to zero, which is correct. This miniscule amount has negligible and insignificant impact on load calculations.

Next, I create an Electrical Equipment Schedule using the fields Panel Name and Spare Connected. I set the Spare Connected Field as Hidden.

Finally, I created a Calculated Parameter (Number format) named "Number of Spares" with the formula " Spare Connected / 0.01 W ". Mark this field to "Calculate Totals", and this value now quantifies the number of Spares.

There are numerous problems with this including, but not limited to:

• Inability to recognize different ratings
  • Inability to recognize multi-pole breakers
  • If a Spare is used as a proxy load anywhere, this fails
  • Ridiculous manual work to input the 0.01VA in every Spare.
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report