Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2009 Spaces

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sec-k
289 Views, 6 Replies

Revit MEP 2009 Spaces

I just installed Revit MEP 2009 and am trying to create spaces. When I place the cursor over a room and hit the tab key, the architect's room is highlighted. When I click on Space and set the offset and upper limit, then click on a room, I get an error stating that "Space is not in a properly enclosed region". What am I missing?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: sec-k

A Roof perhaps?

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
jason.martin

You also might be missing the fact that you have to tell the linked file
that it is "room bounding". Spaces aren't created "from" rooms, they are
created from the same things that rooms are created from (i. e. walls,
floors, roofs, etc.). Unfortunately each time you add a link you will have
to go into the link and tell it to be "room bounding".

hth

jason

"Kyle B [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:5918407@discussion.autodesk.com...
> A Roof perhaps?
Message 4 of 7
sec-k

That's it! Thanks Jason. I knew it was something simple. It'd be nice if that was checked by default.

Jason
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I don't have an Architect that gives me Revit files so I build my own from their floor plans. I create the walls, ceilings, windows, etc.

When you say "spaces aren't created from rooms", does that mean I do not have to create the rooms to use spaces? I've tried it and the space seems to create fine without first creating a room. Is there any work flow advantage for me to first create the room then the space? For me it would be nice to elimnate the room creation step.

Thanks,
McKinley
Message 6 of 7
KyleB_Autodesk

McKinley,
Correct, you do not need to create Rooms to use Spaces. There is no advantage to creating Rooms first given your stated workflow.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
wilsonmm

space names on the exported gbxml list space 1, space2 ect, instead of the architect space name that I got after editing my room tag like kyle said on his video to link the mechanical spaces to the arch. space, why I don't get the name of my spaces, even my schedule show the correct names (architect's names).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report