Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LOD 350 - 400 and families to achieve this

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
keoste27
1654 Views, 1 Reply

Revit LOD 350 - 400 and families to achieve this

Hello 

Could anyone point me in a direction that I might be able to purchace / download MEP Content  to allow me to produce  coordinated designs to a LOD of 350 - 400. Im not so much interested in the mechanical  / electrical equipment families, I can request these from manufactures / make my self, I am more conserned with pipe / pipe fittings and  ductwork / duct fittings (DW144) and possibly accaessiories. Up untill now I have not been required to reach this level (300 Max) so the Revit out of the box pipework  / ductwork  have been surfice but for this project I do not feel these are accurite to meet the LOD needs of this project.

I have found SYSQUE  / BUILDING DATA which seemed great but the costs are too high to make it a viable option for me.

any info on sourcing these families and on producing to LOD 350 / 400 in revit would be great

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
smbrennan
in reply to: keoste27

Other than making that hefty investment in either purchasing a package or having someone build a package, your next best bet might a free service such as ENGWORKS BIMXCHANGE. 

Personally though, I've found that any electrical content I've found - you can't piece it together and expect it to work the way you want it to. You really need to sit down, think though what you need (tags & schedules) and build the family backwards from there. Sure, you can download a Siemens P2 panel from Autodesk Seek, but that just works for geometry and a couple of parameters. But, those parameters if paired with a Square D Switchboard won't necessarily give you the same results in a tag or schedule. It all depends on how the family was built, and whether or not you take the time to modify the parameters to fit your workflow.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report