Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Linking

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
harinarayana55
308 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Linking

Hi

I am working on a have file in revit mep 2013.

I was linked both fire safety and hydraulic revit models.

My issue is when I see in section, the pipes are not in hidden even they are behind the duct.

Just blank behind the duct.There is no issue with pipes drawn in current file.If I link that files in a new file they are in hidden lines behind the duct.

I observed that both files mep settings in mep hidden lines. What may be the reason.

Is there any settings to display linked pipes in hidden in my file.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: harinarayana55

MEP Hidden Lines should display with elements from the linked model and current project just the same. Is the View's Discipline set to Coordination, by chance? MEP Hidden Lines only functions in Views set to one of the MEP Disciplines.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
harinarayana55
in reply to: CoreyDaun

hi

Today i will try. But it is working when i am linking in a new file.

Message 4 of 5
harinarayana55
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Cadstrophe

No luck. It is in mechanical discipline only. May be I think this related to any system type problem.

Becoz I got the same problem for the shoe pieces, which was posted previously.you had only given the answer for the post.

But I cannot find what is the problem for this issue. I don't have permission to send project file from my office.

Is there anything missing other than discipline. Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: harinarayana55

Without being able to see the actual file, I'll be able to do little more than guess...

- Under Mechanical Settings, ensure that " Draw MEP Hidden Lines" is checked.

- Under V/G Overrides » Model Categories tab, verify that the "Lines" Category is visible.

- If the above is true, verify that the Subcategory "MEP Hidden" is visible.

- Try adjusting the scale of the View; maybe it is too small to display the hidden lines.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report