Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit is EXTREMELY SLOW once ANY change is made...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bwk-jsinger
564 Views, 1 Reply

Revit is EXTREMELY SLOW once ANY change is made...

Hi all,

I know revit can get slower as model size increases, but here's the deal.

Our HVAC model is 113mb.

I compact it weekly and have been auditing it as well.

After any and every command, even if I'm changing a family parameter value, it takes roughly 5.5 MINUTES to regen back to normal.  It's UNBELIVEABLY slow.

I don't know what to do.  We are only halfway through the phases on the project and I'm worried we will not be able to do anything in the project down the road for the latter phase.

All of the workstations are 12Gb ram, 3.4 i7's.  These are in no way an issue.

We have gigabit back to the server (with 2 NIC's installed).

Suggestions?  It's so frustrating it's ridiculous.  You almost have to laugh it off...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bwk-jsinger

Try closing some of the Worksets that you're not working on, Checking out Worksets in lieu of just borrowing elements, and  turning off unnecessary calculations in settings and under Duct and Pipe Systems.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report