Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit intercompatability with Navis (.nwc)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
neil.alexander
524 Views, 1 Reply

Revit intercompatability with Navis (.nwc)

We have recently acquired Revit Systems to compliment many of our 3D software packages for MEP. In order to coordinate different 3D models my company uses Navis JetStream Roamer. In the help files of JetStream it has directions for exporting data from Revit to an .nwc file for use in Navis. However, when using Revit Systems 2 I cannot locate this option and it does not exist in the help file.

Can someone please give me information with regards to exporting Revit models for use to Navis? I appreciate all information on the subject.

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You have to download and install the Revit plug-in from Navis. You can download it from their website. If they have one for Revit Systems, once you install it, you'll get a new line on your 'Tools' menu called 'external tools', and that's where you'll find the 'export to Navis' option. It's not built into Revit, it's an add-on.

If they (Navis) don't have a plug-in for Systems, I know they have one for Revit Building that works (we use it at my day job). You could probably edit it's .ini files and get it working for Systems instead by changing the pathing...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report