Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit in Viewer Mode/Missing Licence

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lsop1409
2074 Views, 2 Replies

Revit in Viewer Mode/Missing Licence

Revit has lost its link to the network licence and reports the error as attached.

Does anyone know how to resolve this/where to reset the licence location.

Clicking on the Revit icon ->Licencing takes me tto the attached image.

Also, does anyone know the cause of this, as it was working fine yesterday.

Thankyou.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: lsop1409

The best thing to do is start by creating system environment variables that point to the license manager.

Create a new system environment variable called ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and give it the value of @SERVERNAME.  Servername is the hostname of your actual license server.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-specify-license-se...

You can also check the installation folder for the LICPATH.LIC file and modify it if the hostname of the NLM has changed. 

In addition, I would also make a 2nd system environment variable called FLEXLM_TIMEOUT and give it a value of 1000000 (one-million) to help increase the amount of time that the software polls the NLM. 

As always, verify connectivity to the NLM by pinging the server.  You should get an IPv4 address for best results.  If not, see my IPv6 fix. 

Here's a good reference for how the license is obtained in all these various methods, including the Windows registry:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Use-of-...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
lsop1409
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the advice on here and on the licencing forum.

I opted for a full re-install.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report