Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT hOST

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Rick21462
719 Views, 4 Replies

REVIT hOST

i'M TRYING TO PLACE AN OUTLET AND IT KEEPS TELLING ME

Couldn't find an appropriate Host.  Try selecting a different Host Face or switch Placement Mode.

Can someone help out.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Rick21462

We'll need a little more information, first - Is the architecture 'drawn' in your model or is it linked in from a separate model?

Are you using an "Out Of The Box" Family? If so, did you load in the family from the MEP folder or the Architectural folder?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Rick21462
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for responding back. It's a separate model I Uploaded the family from the MEP folder email LOGO Rick Passarella 200 South Wacker Dr Suite 3100 Chicago Il 60606
Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Rick21462

One of the most common problems encountered is that the Family is "Wall-Hosted" which means that it will specifically require a Wall element to host to. The problem with that is, an imported link is NOT treated as a Wall. For this reason, all of the MEP elements are "Face-Based".

To check to see if this is indeed the cause, located the outlet family in the Project Browser, right-click on it, and select 'Edit Family'. This will open up the family definition, most likely in a 3D View. Select the "wall" that the outlet is hosted to, and at the top of the Properties Palette, does it read "Other (1)" or "Walls (1)" in the Type Selector? (see image) It should say "Other" if it's a face-based family.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Rick21462
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks I'll try that email LOGO Rick Passarella 200 South Wacker Dr Suite 3100 Chicago Il 60606

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report