Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT genius needed!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
revitworkbench
472 Views, 4 Replies

REVIT genius needed!

Question 1: how do you add paramaters to ducts and pipes?

Question 2: Is there a way to add a distance from gridline paramater to duct/pipe centerlines? (in doing so calculate an angle between the duct/pipe and the gridline if it is not parallel to the called out gridline?

Note: Revit basically does this already, if levels were gridlines. It calculates slope, and elevation above a reference level. I want a feature exactly the same except the reference is only vertical (grid) not horizontal (level).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

I'm no "Revit Genius", but perhaps I can help? #1: You must add them as Project Parameters, which is located on the Manage tab. #2: I don't believe that's at all possible. What exactly are you aiming to accomplish? Why is the "horizontal slope" important?
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I am just trying to add intrinsic parameters to the ducts to that I dont have to dimension everything on the plans for the field guys to be able to build it. I could just write a special tag. then use the tag all feature. (However we want to get away from plans altogether)

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

The only contribution I can provide is to mention Spot Coordinate Tags. I know that's not what you're looking for, but I think it may the best Revit can do.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
lanl

Hi michaelmead,

You can add project parameters for ducts and pipes under Manage tab- -Project Parameter, but you can't set Formula for them, and they will not be related to any dimension or parameter, so these parameters will not get the dimension information automatically as you mentioned.

You can try to check in Revit API group to see if this can be done by some programming.

Thanks.

Lei Lan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report