Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit for Building Automation Systems?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
727 Views, 1 Reply

Revit for Building Automation Systems?

I have recently sat down with a high-profile reseller for upgrading our office's CAD department. She claims the Revit Systems is the way to go. Since my application is rather highly specialized, I want another opinion on whether or not Revit Systems would be the product we need. We deal with the management of HVAC systems, complete with plumbing, electrical, and mechanical designs, but the most detail is associated with the design and layout of the communication and wiring of low-voltage control devices. Any help would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would ask her how would the software solve your day-to-day business issues, whatever they may be. An example would be coordination, which I can say from my own experience the Revit platform does VERY well. But what else do you spend lots of time/resources on that eats into the project deadlines and budgets. Anotherwords, I would be ready to ask her pointed questions back that you have prepared. It should be noted that this is design software, NOT a drafting productivity tool. If your issues cant be solved by the software in its young state (version 2), then maybe now isn't the time to jump on board. Ask for very specific responses, not just that "It saves time", but ask in "what ways would it save my company time in what we do"? Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report