Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit files not Deleting on Windows 7

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
asommer
351 Views, 4 Replies

Revit files not Deleting on Windows 7

Anyone else having trouble with this?  It seems to be only Revit Projects, Local files, and families that will not delete.  I tried the "Shift, Delete" way, still no luck.  I know there is a manual delete way, but I'm not an IT guy.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: asommer

I think you've stated this in a previous post, but what folders are your files located in? I'll check to see if I have the same problem.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
asommer

Downloads folder, also a "Revit Local Files" folder directly under my C-drive

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

It seems I'm free to delete anything I want to (RMEP 2011 /2012) with no issues. Do you only have this trouble with Revit files? Can you manipulate the files in other ways? (i.e., rename, move)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
asommer

Could not do ANYTHING.  I called autodesk yesterday, I got a reply...  They sent me to a blog that had a link to "Lock Hunter", a free beta program to delete locked files.

What was happening is Windows explorer in Windows 7 has trouble with the "preview" of a Revit file, due to it having multiple views.  There is a fix for this in 2010 & 11, but 12 & 13 have a bit different setup (you have to look up some file and re-name it).  I'm ok with just deleting files every now and then.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report