Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Families Template/ and custom family help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
max.a.hollander
829 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Families Template/ and custom family help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im trying to find a way to have revit use my custom families or make revit do certain functions automatically.

IM not sure how to achieve this.

Example my company has created custom befitting and duct fittings that go along with the manufacture used for the project I want revit to automatically use these families with out me having to change them individually after ive made the connection or drawing.

also revit has a wyh branch option i want revit to automatically use the wyh branch option instead of a tap(for a smaller duct going in to a larger one)

also how can i build a family where instead of trying to build a long and elaborate transition for a large duct to a small one i have revit just attach an end can and a tap to the large duct so joint is as small as possible.

Please help

Spoiler

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sandleaz
in reply to: max.a.hollander

Im trying to find a way to have revit use my custom families or make revit do certain functions automatically.

Good luck with that.  If you want revit to use your custom fittings automatically, you're most likely going to have to mess around with your custom families until you are content with how revit uses them.  A suggestion for "automatic" custom fittings is to copy/paste the existing out of the box fittings and modify them.  For stand alone fittings, just create them as you would with any other family and place them as necessary.

When I want to change out one fitting for another, I usually disconnect it, change it to the one I want (or create an instance and delete the old one), put it where I want, and reconnect it to the ducts.  If the fitting is customizable and doesn't need to be replaced by another, all you need to do is change the parameters and it should work (unless there's no room for it and REVIT will give you a warning or disconnect it or not allow you to change the parameters).   

also revit has a wyh branch option i want revit to automatically use the wyh branch option instead of a tap(for a smaller duct going in to a larger one)

If you want to automatically have wye's, you should create a new duct type, set preferred junction type to tee, and select your wye family from the tee drop down list. 

also how can i build a family where instead of trying to build a long and elaborate transition for a large duct to a small one i have revit just attach an end can and a tap to the large duct so joint is as small as possible.

I assume you meant to say "attach an end cap"? Not sure why you'd want to create a fitting for that instead of just usuing an end cap and tap from the large duct whereever you want. 

It would help if you provided a sketch.

Message 3 of 3
max.a.hollander
in reply to: Sandleaz

How do you add Joint in duct work that represents the joint between each duck length?

In Auto cad this is fairly easy, you can specify how long each peice of duct is with duct length and it will break it to how ever long you want your individual piece of duct to be.

please let me Know.

-Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report