Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT FAILUER WITHOUT CABLE TRAY

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
aamahmoud
465 Views, 10 Replies

REVIT FAILUER WITHOUT CABLE TRAY

REVIT WILL FALL DAWN IF NOT PROVIDED VERY FAST WITH
CABLE TRAY
EXTERNAL NETWORK
STREET LIGHTING
IF SO IT WILL BE THE BEST EVER PRODUCED BY AUTODESK
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ldharr36
in reply to: aamahmoud

if you're basing the functionality on the simple cable tray issue, then your assumption will come up very short. when you draw a cable tray in autocad, you build it with lines and polylines but call it a cable tray in call out. Revit had the ability to name a family, so all you have to do is draw it. Then figure a script to load it anytime, or just make a template file for it. I think people ask for too much too soon to be that judgmental. Just define in your head what a cable tray is, and create it. Revit's families out of the box are for template examples, and you should adapt those into your own family. Try it. It works wonders to think this way.
Message 3 of 12
aamahmoud

PUT WE CAN'T PUT CABLES IN THESE TRAYS AND WE CAN'T CONNECT THEM WITH PANELS
AND WHAT WE DO WITH CONDUITS
WE NEED THE PROGRAMME TO FEEL CABLES LOADS
AND CONDUITS
Message 4 of 12
sschwartz

Cable trays are only the "container" for the wiring. They don't have any other "intelligent" properties. The cables themselves and conduits containing cables are more important, in my humble opinion. If I can ever see Revit smart enough to show me something useable like this: 3 phase, 3 wire, w/ground: 3 #12, 1 #12 GRD. - in a 3/4" Conduit up to and beyond 3 -500 Kcmil, 1-250 Kcmil GRD. in a 3 1/2" Conduit, then and only THEN I will be satisfied! But hey, I am a woman. Go figure 🙂
Message 5 of 12
aamahmoud

I FIND CABLE TRAY FAMILIES
AND MAKE SOME MODIFICATIONS
AND AD CABLES TO IT
AND SOON I WILL SEND TO ANYBODY WANT
Message 6 of 12
edinsimon

Well?

How did you get on?

Would love to see if you've made progress....

-E_S-
Message 7 of 12
jay1210

well guys for presentation purpose like walkthroughs spot details and renderings you will need actual things to market your work to prospective clients, am I right? for example I want to create a "C" type perporated cable tray with cable lying on it , yes i can create families for the fitting at least but how can I create long span cable tray (perporated cable tray) ,I cannot modify any duct because it is a system generated object, if autodesk will teach us how to modify it but i think they wont
Message 8 of 12
sschwartz

1. Unlock your caps.
2. Define "external network".
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

You can create cable trays/ladder rack with line based families and arrays. I used this online tutorial to learn how to create the array and add "rungs" at uniform spacing:

http://designreform.net/2008/04/03/revit-line-based-parametric-array/

in your case, you could array your perforations (Voids) rather than the rungs of the ladder along the length of the tray. The technique outlined in the link above is also useful for other things like equipment rack rail holes.
Message 10 of 12
NaderB

The problem right now is Revit MEP still does not allow the users to add more categories and also does not allow the user to add more profiles, having that said creating cable tray in Revit is not just about creating the family but think about Oval Duct as well
Message 11 of 12

By accident I made despair the add cable tray tool no the tool palette the other one. when you press the cable tray or conduit appears a small window with options like System, Elevation, Horizontal, Vertical, Width, height, Layout Method etc.. How can I get it back. Right now is giving me the options on text.
Message 12 of 12
jason.martin

You are posting to the wrong forum. This is Revit MEP, but your question is about AutoCAD MEP. You will get a better response asking the question on the AutoCAD MEP forum.
jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report