Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit error message and crash when opening a file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cchase
247 Views, 1 Reply

Revit error message and crash when opening a file

We have a file that when anyone tries to open it we get: "An unrecoverable error has occured. The program will now be terminated. All of your data has been recently saved, so there is no need to create recovery files".

The file opened fine as of yesterday. One of the guys uploaded a copy to the clients server. This morning, an attempt was made to rename our file via windows explorer to match file naming standards of the client. We got the above message when trying to open the file. The individual then tried to rename the file back to what it was originally but we get the same error message. The client was able to open the file no problem and he then sent back a copy of it to me. It will still not open even though I placed it on my "C" drive and checked Audit and Detach from central.

Anyone have any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
carl_hd_collins
in reply to: cchase

I have just experienced the self same problem, it was with a Revit Structures model, but I think the same thing is going on here. We are using a worksetted 2009 model, on day of issue the project went corrupt to us, our reseller could open it fine though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report