Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 R2 Installation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
604 Views, 8 Replies

Revit 2015 R2 Installation

Hi everyone,

I downloaded and updated Revit 2015R2 from subscription. But nothing change on my Revit 2015. The enhancments does not appear. What should I do? Or how can I understand installed it?

Thanks for your help,

UmitB

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nbbjAdmn
in reply to: Anonymous

It's possible that the installation rolled back. Check if there is an installation log in your Windows %temp% folder. I suspect that you need to install Update Release 1 prior to Release 2.

Message 3 of 9
SteveKStafford

The R2 install itself isn't really different in a glaring way. The new Site Designer features (from the purchase of Eaglepoint's Siteworks for Revit) are a separate download and installation via Subscription.

Look at the build number (click small arrow next to the Help (?) icon, click About Autodesk Revit 2015. The build listed should be 20140905_0730 (prior to Update Release 5 being installed). The build should be 20141119_0715 after Update Release 5 is installed.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Thanks for your answers. Steven still Build part is seem to 20140903_1530(x64) Update Release 4. I think I could not install it. 

Thanks again...

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Now I download UR5 and installed it. I can see my build 20141119_1515(x64) Update Release 5.. But still I could see new features R2. For example: I could not see Ashrae Table.

Thanks..

Message 6 of 9
Tony_Michniewicz

If your build number was 20140903_1530(x64) prior to the installation of UR5, it means you installed the UR4 update and not the R2 update, which changes the build number to 20140905_0730 as Steve mentioned.  Unfortunately, this means you will need to uninstall and reinstall Revit if you want to install R2 instead of UR4.  If you go that route, make sure you install the R2 update, which is named Autodesk_Revit_2015_R2.sfx.exe, and not the UR4 update, which is named Autodesk_Revit_2015-x64_Update4.exe.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

Hi Tony, thanks for your answer. I will try uninstall and Re install Revit 2015. I think something is wrong. I tried it before, may be this time I will install updates after install the Revit not installing Revit. I will try and turn back to you. 

Thanks,

UmitB

Message 8 of 9
rozamalek

Hi,

I have the same issue, My buid shows:20140322_1515(x64). No changes in my revit.

Roza

Message 9 of 9

This build number is for Revit Update Release 1, which is not one of the builds that the R2 installation can target.  You'll need to install Update Release 3 and after that you will be able to install R2.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report